Dealers

Chipping Campden

Chipping Campden is a small market town notable for its elegant terraced High Street dating from the 14th - 17th centuries and built from the mellow locally quarried oolitic limestone, known as Cotswold Stone. At its centre stands the Market Hall with its splendid arches built in 1627.

A rich wool trading centre in the Middle Ages, the town enjoyed the patronage of wealthy wool merchants.

In the early 20th century the town became known as the centre for the Cotswolds Arts & Crafts movement following the arrival C.R. Ashbee from London in 1902 where he set up the Guild of Handicraft, which specialised in metalworking, producing jewellery, enamels, copper and wrought ironwork, as well as furniture.

The town has hosted its own Olimpick Games since 1612.

Other Facts